UNC Greensboro

NCA-STAR releases 5th episode of Trauma Connections podcast

NCASTAR podcast with Macbook

The Department of Counseling and Educational Development’s North Carolina Academy of Stress Trauma and Resilience (NCA-STAR) has published their 5th episode of Trauma Connections podcast. Do you find yourself at the beginning of 2022 headed toward burnout? This episode focuses on empathy and compassion and how understanding the difference can … Continued

UNCG Holds Conference for Educational Interpreters

Student participating in the PID conference

UNC Greensboro’s Professions in Deafness (PID) program is renowned for being the only program in the UNC System that fully prepares students to earn their interpreting license and work in professions that relate to deafness. While in the program, students demonstrate hands-on leadership through their involved work with the academic and … Continued

Congratulations to Beverly Faircloth & Laura Gonzalez (TEHE)

Beverly Faircloth and Laura Gonzalez, both faculty in the UNC Greensboro Department of Teacher Education and Higher Education, have co-edited a book with Katherine Ramos, a colleague at Duke University. Resisting Barriers to Belonging was released last month by Rowan and Littlefield Publishers. More information can be found in this … Continued

NCA-STAR Releases its Third Episode of “Trauma Connections” Podcast

Trauma Connections Feature Image

The Department of Counseling and Educational Development (CED)’s North Carolina Academy for Stress Trauma and Resilience (NCA-STAR) releases its third podcast, one that is relevant to what a lot of individuals are experiencing — isolation and loneliness. The guest is Jacob Blackstock, who is completing his doctorate in the CED … Continued

Dr. Jennifer Stephens (ELC) Offers Advice to Prospective Teachers in Study.com Guide

Jennifer Stephens ELC headshot

Dr. Jennifer Stephens, ELC Adjunct Assistant Professor and Director of the Teacher Education Fellows Program, was recently interviewed for Study.com, a leading online education resource making learning accessible for over 30 million students and educators a month. Dr. Stephens provided advice for students preparing to become teachers, answering questions such … Continued

NSF I-Corps Helps UNCG Community Bring Their Research to Life

national science foundation logo feature image

You may not realize that UNC Greensboro is a National Science Foundation I-Corps designated university. This brings great potential value to UNCG students and faculty. What is the purpose NSF I-Corps? The National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) is a federally funded program to help prepare researchers to extend their … Continued