Are you good with technology and even better working with people? Energized by challenge and willing to take risks? Unafraid to dig into the latest information technology and explore what it can do?
Join the UNC Greensboro Department of Library and Information Science (LIS), where we are blending coursework from library and information science, computer science, geography, information systems, and education research methodology, to prepare students to work in a variety of ever emerging fields.
Our Department seeks to reach people virtually through a broad array of emerging information technologies and social media. Equal access for all, intellectual freedom, and a deep commitment to service are library and information professionals’ enduring values.
Currently, the LIS Department offers degrees in the following academic program areas:
- B.S. in Information Science (BSIS)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- M.Ed. in Teacher Education, Instructional Technology Concentration
The Department of Library and Information Science (LIS) at UNC Greensboro is committed to innovative approaches to their mission look forward; not just to what is feasible today, but what will be possible tomorrow.
LIS News Feed
- First Cohort of LIS Bachelor of Science in Information Science (BSIS) Program Graduates from UNCGOn Friday, May 7th, three students were the first to graduate from UNC Greensboro’s Bachelor of Science in Information Science (BSIS) program. Launched in the […]
- Let’s Move in Libraries (LMiL) Spring 2021 News UpdatesLet’s Move in Libraries, founded and directed by Dr. Noah Lenstra (LIS), focuses on supporting healthy living in public libraries. Check out the latest news […]
- U.S. News & World Report 2022 Ranking Recognizes UNCG SOE as Top Graduate School of EducationThe U.S. News & World Report released its 2022 ranking for Graduate Schools of Education on March 30, 2021, and the UNC Greensboro School of […]