Are you good with technology and even better working with people? Energized by challenge and willing to take risks? Unafraid to dig into the latest information technology and explore what it can do?
Join the UNC Greensboro Department of Library and Information Science (LIS), where we are blending coursework from library and information science, computer science, geography, information systems, and education research methodology, to prepare students to work in a variety of ever emerging fields.
Our Department seeks to reach people virtually through a broad array of emerging information technologies and social media. Equal access for all, intellectual freedom, and a deep commitment to service are library and information professionals’ enduring values.
Currently, the LIS Department offers degrees in the following academic program areas:
- B.S. in Information Science (BSIS)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- M.Ed. in Teacher Education, Instructional Technology Concentration
The Department of Library and Information Science (LIS) at UNC Greensboro is committed to innovative approaches to their mission look forward; not just to what is feasible today, but what will be possible tomorrow.
LIS News Feed
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks UNCG School of Education Among Best Online Master’s ProgramsThe UNC Greensboro School of Education has been ranked No. 58 among the 2023 Best Online Master’s in Education Programs and No. 19 among the 2023 Best Online Master’s in Education Programs for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report.
- U.S. News & World Report 2023 Ranking Recognizes UNCG SOE as Top Graduate School of EducationThe U.S. News & World Report released its 2023 ranking for Graduate Schools of Education in the spring, and the UNC Greensboro School of Education […]
- Dr. Sonia Archer-Capuzzo (LIS) publishes book on heavy metal“Metaldata,” released last year, is a unique bibliography of heavy metal resources. The volume, co-authored by UNCG’s Dr. Guy Capuzzo and Dr. Sonia Archer-Capuzzo (LIS), […]