Are you good with technology and even better working with people? Energized by challenge and willing to take risks? Unafraid to dig into the latest information technology and explore what it can do?
Join the UNC Greensboro Department of Library and Information Science (LIS), where we are blending coursework from library and information science, computer science, geography, information systems, and education research methodology, to prepare students to work in a variety of ever emerging fields.
Our Department seeks to reach people virtually through a broad array of emerging information technologies and social media. Equal access for all, intellectual freedom, and a deep commitment to service are library and information professionals’ enduring values.
Currently, the LIS Department offers degrees in the following academic program areas:
- B.S. in Information Science (BSIS)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- M.Ed. in Teacher Education, Instructional Technology Concentration
The Department of Library and Information Science (LIS) at UNC Greensboro is committed to innovative approaches to their mission look forward; not just to what is feasible today, but what will be possible tomorrow.
LIS News Feed
- U.S. News & World Report 2022 Ranking Recognizes UNCG SOE as Top Graduate School of EducationThe U.S. News & World Report released its 2022 ranking for Graduate Schools of Education on March 30, 2021, and the UNC Greensboro School of […]
- Dr. Colin Post (LIS) Receives Society of American Archivists’ 2021 Preservation Publication AwardDr. Colin Post, assistant professor in the Library and Information Science (LIS) department at UNC Greensboro, and Alexandra Chassanoff, assistant professor at the School of […]
- Dr. Lisa O’Connor (LIS) Named President-Elect of the Association for Library & Information Science Education (ALISE)Congratulations to Dr. Lisa O’Connor, Chair and Associate Professor of the Library & Information Science (LIS) Department, who has been named President-Elect of the Association […]