UNCG Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Program
The University of North Carolina Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaurate Program is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for admissions to our second cohort of McNair Scholars. The UNCG-McNair Scholars Program (UNCG-McNair) is a federal TRiO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Designed to prepare undergraduate students for doctoral studies, UNCG-McNair provides 25 UNCG undergraduate students with opportunities to complete research with faculty mentors, attend the UNCG-McNair Summer Research Institute, explore graduate school options, and prepare for graduate-level studies. The goal of UNCG-McNair is to diversify faculty demographics across the nation by providing experience and training to students typically under-represented in the academy.
INFO SESSIONS FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN APPLYING
• September 4 at 4pm: Bryan Building room 216
• September 6 at 4pm: Moore Humanities and Research Building room 1211
• September 10 at 4pm: Sullivan Science Building room 218
• September 12 at 4pm: Sullivan Science Building room 218
• September 18 at 4pm: School of Education Building room 212
• September 20 at 4pm: Moore Humanities and Research Building room 1211
Visit the UNCG-McNair website for more upcoming events and additional information.
Applications are due Friday, October 12, 2018.
• Completed and Signed Application (located here)
• Completed Personal Statement
• Completed Statement of Research Interest
• Two (2) Faculty Recommendation Resume
The deadline for ALL components of the application is October 12, 2018. It is strongly recommended that all components be submitted at least one day prior to the application deadline, to ensure the documents have been received.
• Application Deadline: October 12, 2018
• Finalist Interviews: The Week of October 22, 2018
• Accepted Scholars Notified: The Week of October 29, 2018
• Scholar Induction Ceremony: November 5, 2018
• Grant Submitted: April 4, 2017
• Grant Awarded: October 1, 2017
• 2017-18 Funding from the U.S. Department of Education: $231,149
• 2017-18 Funding from UNCG: $92,962
Dr. Joseph L. Green, Project PI, initiated the staff hiring process:
• Kimberly Hunter joined the team as Program Assistant in Oct.
• Dr. Kara Baldwin approved as Director of TRiO Programs
in January 2018
• D. Clinton Williams hired as Associate Director in February 2018
• 25 Scholars Inducted
• 68% Low-income/First-generation
• 40% Underrepresented
• 75% Female
• 4 STEM Students