Help us solve the wicked problem of educational inequity and positively impact the lives of children in North Carolina and across the nation. Through Light the Way: The Campaign for Earned Achievement, you can support scholarships, programs, resources, and innovation.
Resources for You
News from the School of Education
- From a Small Town to Studying Higher Education Dynamics: McNair Scholar Thrives at UNCGWhen Antoinette Gregory was a junior in high school, her family moved from their small hometown to a nearby city. And, to her and her mom’s excitement, the local high school had an International Baccalaureate program.
- Personal Experiences Lead Garland McKinney (CED) to Research GrantAfter her own pregnancy, delivery, and postpartum experience was filled with stress in 2017, and learning that her late mother’s medical concerns were normalized by doctors, UNC Greensboro doctoral student Jasmine L. Garland McKinney’s path became clear. Her studies and personal experiences led her to research the mental health impacts of race-related stressors that are specific to Black women during all perinatal stages.
- Fulbright Grant Brings International Fellows to Teach in Local SchoolsEach year, UNC Greensboro professors and students journey abroad for scholarship and service. But the International Programs Center (IPC) also pursues opportunities to make our campus – and the surrounding community – a hub for international scholarship and a training ground for international teachers, and scholars.
- Month in London Enhances Educational Experiences of Future TeacherAs a UNC Greensboro School of Education Global Ambassador and recipient of the Smiley Award, Hannah Ward, who will graduate in May 2024, spent part […]
- Project IGNITE Prepares Educators to Work With Multilingual StudentsAt the heart of the IGNITE program is the belief that access to quality teacher preparation is imperative for promoting equitable teaching for multilingual students and their families. […]
- Karena Zhang (MAT TESOL) Active in Growth of State’s Mandarin TeachingAs the number of students interested in learning Chinese as a heritage language or foreign language continues to grow, the number of Mandarin dual language/immersion […]
Discover our Community
Find your WAY here
Take the next step, advance your personal and professional journey – apply to join our community of students.