Participation in the UNCG Teacher Education Fellows Program is open to incoming freshmen (first-year students) majoring in Elementary Education, Middle Grades Education, Special Education, and Dual (Elementary and Special) Education as well as majors in the College of Arts and Sciences with Secondary Education concentrations (i.e., Anthropology, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology).
In order to be eligible for participation in the UNCG Teacher Education Fellows Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- North Carolina residency.
- 3.80 weighted cumulative high school GPA recommended.
- 3.00 cumulative GPA at the end of the first semester at UNCG.
- 3.30 cumulative GPA by the second year at UNCG.
- Admission to Teacher Education by the third year.
- Admission to student teaching by the fourth year.
- Participation in all required UNCG Teacher Education Fellows Program activities.
“The experiences and opportunities I have received have not only positively affected my college experience but also molded my future career in education.”-Gary Sheffield