In room 310 of the TRC you will find a quality collection of award-winning children’s literature including picture books, young adult fiction, PK-12 nonfiction, biographies, audiobooks, DVDs, big books, and leveled readers. Materials on reserve can be accessed at the main desk. A variety of equipment is available for checkout at the desk as well. Equipment includes laptops, iPads, cameras, video cameras, tripods, digital voice recorders, and headsets with mics. The TRC classroom in room 302 houses K-12 state-adopted textbooks, SES resources, science curriculum materials and math manipulatives.
Test Preparation (PRAXIS)
The Teaching Resources Center provides access to test preparation materials for the Praxis I Core Academic Skills tests required for admission into Teacher Education, and the Praxis II and Pearson Tests required for licensure.
Praxis II Testing – for middle grades (6-9), secondary (9-12), K-12 (except Exceptional Children: General Curriculum) license areas.
Pearson Test for North Carolina: Foundations of Reading and General Curriculum – for Elementary Education and Exceptional Children: General Curriculum licenses only.
- General Curriculum Prep Materials (For students who are pursuing licensure in elementary education)
- Foundations of Reading Test Prep Materials (For elementary education students and students seeking special education licensure)
Print Study Guides for each of these tests are available for checkout in the TRC. In addition, the University Libraries offer free, online access toTesting & Education Reference Center, a resource that provides practice tests with immediate scoring and feedback and free ebooks for additional assistance.
Accessing Testing & Education Reference Center
- From the UNCG homepage, Click on Libraries under Campus Links.
- Click on Databases under Help with Research.
- Click the T in “Databases Name begins with”
- Select “Testing & Education Reference Center(TERC)” from the list of databases.
- Choose “Career” tab and select “Teacher” on the drop down list.
- Click on “Start Now”
- New Users must create an account. Click Register under New Users and use your UNCG user name and password.
A variety of equipment and instructional technology resources are available for School of Education students, faculty, and staff. These resources include laptops, iPads, video cameras, headsets with mics, phone chargers, and many other items. Equipment may be checked out for one week (with the exception of laptops which have a one day check out).
The TRC provides a subscription this online resource to support the print collection.
The TBL is a collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation), TumbleTV which consists of pre-set playlists of a sequence of books, Tumble Puzzles & Games, and TumbleResources for teachers and students., including a Common Core Portal.