Students eligible for the Haggai Academy must meet the criteria outlined below for degree program, academic standing, and status as a non-traditional student. Only applications completed by the posted deadline will be considered. All applications require the completion of the FAFSA form by the UNCG deadline for the selected academic year. In addition, acceptance into the Haggai Academy is contingent upon one’s acceptance to UNCG and an eligible academic program for the given year in which the candidate has applied.
Degree Program Requirements
Applicants must meet one of the following academic program enrollment classifications:
- Be enrolled in UNCG as a pre-major in one of the following programs: Elementary Education, Special Education, or the Elementary Education & Special Education Dual Major Program
- Be enrolled as a major in one of the following programs: Elementary Education, Special Education, or the Elementary Education & Special Education Dual Major Program
- Be enrolled in the MAT (Master of Arts in Teaching) with a concentration in Elementary Education
Academic Standing Requirements
Applicants must meet the following academic standing criteria:
- Applicants without a degree who are not currently UNCG students – minimum high school diploma with grade point average (GPA) of 2.75
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree – minimum GPA of 3.0 in coursework leading to the degree
- New transfers to UNCG – minimum of 30 transferable hours in relevant coursework with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Current UNCG students – minimum UNCG GPA of 3.0
Status as a Non-Traditional Student
Applicants must be 24 years or older at the time of application. Applicants can come from a broad range of backgrounds, including (but not limited to) Veterans, Teacher Assistants, Community College students, and current UNCG students.