Smiley Award – SOE Global Education Ambassador
The Smiley Award supports global educational opportunities for current undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Education at UNC Greensboro. Undergraduate and graduate School of Education students who serve as outstanding Global Education Ambassadors through international or local engagement may apply for this award.
Preference will be given to students who demonstrate leadership, innovation, and impact in both international and local settings based on both previous and proposed engagement activities. Two Global Education Ambassador recipients, one undergraduate student recipient and one graduate student recipient, will be selected per year receiving a $500 award each.
Current undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Education with good academic standing (3.0 GPA) who are:
- Scheduled to participate or have participated in a Study Abroad program, international conferences, or other international activities related to education
- Committed to sharing international/global experiences with the university and local communities
- Recommended by at least one faculty/advisor/mentor
Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Complete an application form including:
- Nominee information: name, email, ID number, major/program
- Faculty/Advisor/Mentor information: name, email, department/unit
- a short essay describing international experiences and global impact (500 word limit)
- Submit the nomination by March 15
- Awardee will be announced at the end of the spring semester