SOE Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Projects
Faculty, staff, and students in the School of Education (SOE) are leading and involved in a variety of projects exemplifying equity, diversity, and inclusion. These projects illustrate the ways the School of Education is closing the gap between its values and actions. We invite you to explore all we do!
- Combating a Lack of Internet Services: SOE Assists in Pilot Program to Bring Access to Elementary StudentsWhen schools moved to remote status during the height of the COVID pandemic, numerous students were unable to fully participate in classes due to the lack of broadband internet access at their homes. Backed by a grant from the United States Department of Education, three members of the School of Education are joining a team led by UNC Greensboro’s Information Technology Services (ITS) unit to combat that issue.
- Building Solidarity and Collaboration Amongst BIPOC Educators: Critically Engaging Interracial Tensions in Times of Anti-Blackness and Anti-Asian Hate”This project seeks to address some of the gaps on educational equity, interracial tensions, and other social justice issues within North Carolina teacher education. As […]
- Small Steps, Big Impact | EDI in the classroom PodcastUNC Greensboro strives to create safe and inclusive environments in our classrooms including, but not limited to, all ethnicities, racial backgrounds, religions, ability status, socioeconomic […]
- Drs. Christian Chan & Jennifer Deaton (CED) Investigate Identity Affirmation and LGBTQ+ Oppression in Project Funded by UNCG New Faculty Internal GrantDr. Christian D. Chan and Dr. Jennifer D. Deaton, assistant professors in the Department of Counseling and Educational Development, received a UNCG New Faculty Internal […]
- Dr. Anthony Chow (LIS) Aims to Increase Native American Access to Literacy Resources and Libraries through Reading Nation Waterfall ProjectDr. Anthony Chow (Library & Information Science) serves as principal investigator for a team of UNCG researchers who are partnering with tribal nation leaders and […]
- Dr. Aileen Reid (ERM) Honored with the Thomas Undergraduate Research Mentor AwardUNC Greensboro’s Thomas Undergraduate Research Expo took place on April 19th, which included honoring the faculty mentors who have helped and inspired students along the […]
Each year, our faculty leads dozens of research projects and community-based initiatives. Learn more.