SOE Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Projects
Faculty, staff, and students in the School of Education (SOE) are leading and involved in a variety of projects exemplifying equity, diversity, and inclusion. These projects illustrate the ways the School of Education is closing the gap between its values and actions. We invite you to explore all we do!
- Dr. Anthony Chow (LIS) Aims to Increase Native American Access to Literacy Resources and Libraries through Reading Nation Waterfall ProjectDr. Anthony Chow (Library & Information Science) serves as principal investigator for a team of UNCG researchers who are partnering with tribal nation leaders and […]
- Drs. Christian Chan & Jennifer Deaton (CED) Investigate Identity Affirmation and LGBTQ+ Oppression in Project Funded by UNCG New Faculty Internal GrantDr. Christian D. Chan and Dr. Jennifer D. Deaton, assistant professors in the Department of Counseling and Educational Development, received a UNCG New Faculty Internal […]
- Dr. Aileen Reid (ERM) Honored with the Thomas Undergraduate Research Mentor AwardUNC Greensboro’s Thomas Undergraduate Research Expo took place on April 19th, which included honoring the faculty mentors who have helped and inspired students along the […]
- Dr. Brian Clarida (ELC) Launches New Leadership Academy for Assistant Principal PreparationDr. Brian Clarida, clinical associate professor in the Educational Leadership and Cultural Foundations (ELC) Department, received new funding from Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools to launch the […]
- Dr. Diane Ryndak (SES) Receives AERA Distinguished Researcher Award for Special & Inclusive Education ResearchCongratulations to Dr. Diane Ryndak, professor in the SOE Specialized Education Services (SES) Department, for being awarded the Distinguished Researcher Award from the Special and […]
- Dr. Edna Tan (TEHE) Elected 2020 Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)Congratulations to Dr. Edna Tan, professor of science education in the Department of Teacher Education & Higher Education (TEHE), for being elected as a Fellow […]
Each year, our faculty leads dozens of research projects and community-based initiatives. Learn more.