Instructional Technology Support
Instructional Technology Consultant & Digital Media Specialist
Office: 306A SOE Building
Website: Carla Wilson Portfolio Website
- M.A. in Educational Media, New Media and Global Education, Appalachian State University
- M.S. in Human Resources, Western Carolina University
- B.S. in Communications, Training and Development, Western Carolina University
- Mini-MBA in Digital Marketing, Rutgers Business School
- Independent Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR): (Statewide Systems)
- QM Peer Reviewer Course (PRC)
Carla Wilson, a tech savvy Instructional Designer and avid Web 2.0 and social media user, who is pairing her passions with knowledge and experiences to aid School of Education faculty and staff with their Instructional Technology and Digital Media needs. Carla has extensive experience in higher education, working with both public and private institutions, such as High Point University, Winston-Salem State University, Central Piedmont Community College, and Western Carolina University.
She facilitates instructional technology integration into face-to-face and online courses; designs and develops training programs, courses, and materials; and develops digital content and materials to be disseminated through digital signage, websites, blogs, and social media. She is highly skilled with Learning Management Systems, Content Management Systems, websites and social media, as well as digital and social media marketing, which is reflected not only in the projects that Carla has completed and assisted with but also through the positions that she has held and the degrees she has obtained.
Carla’s personal and professional skills, when combined with her educational experience and technology expertise, allow for a level of collaboration and training that can lead to innovative and effective solutions.