North Carolina Teachers of Excellence for All Children (NC TEACH) is designed to recruit, train, support, and retain mid-career professionals as they become licensed teachers in North Carolina. The program is designed to offer lateral entry teachers the opportunity to earn an initial standard professional I license to teach in North Carolina. NC Teach is a non-degree program.
Successful completion of this program culminates in a license, not a degree.
Current lateral entry teachers seeking certification while teaching in the classroom.
Middle Grades (6-9)
(Math, Comprehensive Science, Language Arts, Social Studies)
High School (9-12)
(Math, Comprehensive Science, English, Social Studies, Latin)
K-12 English as a Second Language (ESL)
K-12 Foreign Language
Required NC Teach Coursework
- TED 535: Literacy in the Content Area
- TED 545: Diverse Learners
- TED 669: Educational Implications of Learning & Developmental Theory
- Methods Course
- TED 680A: Fall Clinical Experience
- TED 680A: Spring Clinical Experience
Minimum Program Requirements
- Lateral entry teaching position (school must be located within 50 miles of UNCG campus)
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average in college work
- Copy of an official transcript
NC teach applicants apply through the Graduate School. Click here for the online application to the NC Teach program.