Add-on Licensure in Elementary Mathematics
Candidates in the Elementary Mathematics Add-on Licensure Program will meet standards and competencies through successful completion of six mathematics education courses that reflect the requirement of the elementary mathematics specialist license as approved by the North Carolina State Board of Education.
Successful completion of this program culminates in a license, not a degree.
Curriculum facilitators, Elementary math specialists, Elementary classroom teachers
Practicing classroom teachers with existing A licensure (or higher) in Elementary Education
Graduates of the program go on to offer more advanced methodologies to their elementary students in mathematics. Others go on to become curriculum facilitators of a school or school system mathematics coaches.
Program of Study
Total hours: 18
- TED 658 (3): Number Systems & Operations: K-5 Mathematical Tasks
- TED 659 (3): Rational Numbers & Operations: K-5 Learning Trajectories
- TED 660 (3): Data Analysis & Measurement: K-5 Classroom Interactions
- TED 661 (3): Algebraic Reasoning: K-5 Discourse & Questioning
- TED 662 (3): Geometry & Spatial Visualization: K-5 Assessment
- TED 663 (3): Mathematical Modeling: K-5 Leadership
Minimum Program Requirements
Existing A licensure in Elementary Education