You are considered a transfer student if you:
- Have 24 or more college credit hours from a regionally accredited institution
- Are eligible to return to the last institution you attended
If you have fewer than 24 college credit hours from a regionally accredited institution, then you are considered a freshman transfer student. Freshman transfer students must meet requirements under both transfer (outlined below) and freshman admissions programs.
- Birth Through Kindergarten – Professionals in this field provide service to young children and their families across diverse early childhood settings.
- Professions in Deafness (PID) – Professionals in this field can be outstanding teachers for deaf and hard of hearing students, serve as sign language interpreters, as well as advocate services for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Special Education – Professionals in this field provide a service to students with identified disabilities of which may impact their educational performance
Learn more about the programs that we offer in each of these disciplines by visiting our Academic Programs page. Also, make sure to check out our SES FAQs page to find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions specifically surrounding our programs.
If you’d like to learn more about UNCG and the admissions process, consider attending the Transfer Information Program tailored for transfer student applicants.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Admissions at UNC Greensboro.