Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Special Endorsement in Computer Education
The PB Certificate is an add-on license for students who already have an undergraduate degree and teaching license. No Praxis test is required for this license. No GRE or MAT score is required for admission to this program.
Successful completion of this program culminates in a certificate, not a degree.
Program of Study
Candidates take 18 graduate semester hours of coursework which include the following five courses and one elective:
- LIS 630: Computer-Related Technologies for Info Management (3)
- LIS 631: Emerging Technological Trends in Info Access (3)
- LIS 635: Media Production Services for Library Programs (3)
- LIS 672: Instructional Design (3)
- SES 662: Assistive Technology for Inclusive Education (3)
Additional LIS Licensure Program Requirements
All LIS licensure candidates are required to:
- Submit a Candidate Agreement form to the school library program coordinator.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Archive all course assignments required as evidence for accreditation and post them to TaskStream by the last semester of the program. TaskStream is a fee-based subscription service.
- Score 3 or above on all teaching dispositions.