Please visit here for the course schedule. Choose the appropriate term and select Library / Information Studies from the Subject drop down menu.
LIS Three-Year Course Plan
You and your advisor will use the Three-Year Course Plan to determine your schedule.
Course descriptions for all programs in the Department of Library & Information Science, including the MLIS, M.Ed., BSIS, and certificate programs, are in the University Catalog, available here.
Bachelor of Science
Master of Library & Information Studies
Master of Science in Instructional Technology & Design
- MLIS with School Library Licensure (MLIS with 076 licensure)
- (for those who want to earn the MLIS degree and apply for school library licensure with the NC Department of Public Instruction)
- School Library Licensure-Only (076 licensure only)
- (for those who already have a Masters of Library and Information Studies degree who want to earn a school library licensure)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Special Endorsement in Computer Education (079 licensure)
- (for those wanting to work as a technology facilitator in a public school system)
- MLIS with Instructional Technology (MLIS with 077 licensure)
- (for those wanting to work as an instructional technology director in a public school system)
- Instructional Technology Licensure-Only (077 licensure only)
- (for those who already have a MLIS or MED degree who want to add on 077 licensure)
- School Library Supervisor Licensure (078 licensure only)
- (for those who want to work as school library supervisors in a public school system. Candidates must already have a MLIS/MLS degree, 076 licensure, and a minimum of three years experience as a school librarian [This program is offered based on demand])
- Instructional Design, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
- (for those interested in the M.Ed. or MLIS degree)