Training & Outreach
Training is at the heart of NCA-STAR’s core mission of providing trauma-informed skill building, access to health and wellness skills, and education about the experiences of trauma and life crisis. Training is all about connection. Reaching out to the community. At NCA-STAR we make it easy to connect the community with research-based, effective, and culturally-sensitive information that can ultimately lead to healing and thriving. We provide a training environment that encourages ongoing engagement through many types of flexible learning experiences.
Our NCA-STAR team has developed a menu of 1-hour, 2-hour, and 3-hour interactive trainings that can be customized and delivered in-person or virtually on the following topics:
- Introduction to Trauma: The Basics of a Trauma-Informed Approach
- Trauma in Schools: An Educator’s Guide to Trauma-Informed Care
- Self-Care and Mindfulness
- Resilience and Educators
Additional topics for potential trainings and workshops include Suicide Prevention, Burnout Prevention, and Trauma-Informed Leadership.
If you are interested in discussing training possibilities, fee structure, and customization of training for your organization, please contact Anita Faulkner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promoting Health and Wellness in K-12 Schools through Training and Outreach
- Trauma-informed trainings to educators and administrators promoting stress management, mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and overall wellness
- Workshops for students and families affected by trauma
- Providing trainings on social-emotional learning for both adults and students
Promoting Health and Wellness on UNC Greensboro’s Campus through Training and Outreach
- Trainings, interventions and course offerings on mental health literacy and enhance stills in distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and managing life stress
- New curriculum offerings in the Department of Counseling and Educational Development (CED): CED 693 Crisis, Trauma and Disaster; CED 274 Stress Management, and development of Trauma-Informed Supervision training
Promoting Health and Wellness in Our Local Community through Training and Outreach
- Developing trainings and certificate programs that will enhance mental health literacy, knowledge and skills in trauma-informed care and overall wellness
- Partnering with service providers and agencies to provide trainings and address individual, agency, and community needs
Promoting Health and Wellness in NC and Nationwide through Training and Outreach
- Developing trainings and certificate programs that will have a broader impact on service providers, first responders, educators, and general public
- Training mental health providers nationwide on trauma-informed supervision approaches