Approved Clinical Supervisor Training
The 45-hour program meets all of the requirements to become an Approved Clinical Supervisor from the Center of Credentialing and Education. The training can also serve as a convenient way to achieve contact hours.
- Instruction from five counselor educators with extensive clinical supervision experience.
- Counseling case demonstrations for supervision application
- Detailed instruction in multiple clinical supervision models
- Supervision techniques including Thinking Aloud, Interpersonal Process Recall, Metaphor, Role Play, Modeling
The entire training costs $549 (or only $12 per contact hour!)
- 100% online
- Work at your own pace and when you have time
- Earn 45 contact hour credits
- Learn through interactive activities, informative videos, reflective journal prompts, and links to external website resources
- Receive technical support throughout the training.
Questions about our program? Submit a question here.
About the Program
Created by the Department of Counseling and Educational Development at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, (consistently ranked among the top 5 counseling programs nationally by US News and World Report), a 45-hour training that meets the educational requirements needed to apply for the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) credential offered by the Center for Credentialing & Education (a corporate affiliate of the National Board for Certified Counselors).
UNC Greensboro – Department of Counseling and Educational Development has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 3014. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. UNC Greensboro – Department of Counseling and Educational Development is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
The ACS Credential:
- Identifies mental health professionals who have met national clinical supervision standards
- Promotes professional identity, visibility, and accountability
- Encourages professional growth
Benefits of UNCG’s ACS Training
- Upon completion of this training, you will be able to submit a certificate of proof of 45 hours training towards the ACS credential
- Earn all 45 hours of training in one location, $12 per contact hour! You won’t need to piece together 2 credits here, 4 credits there.
- Work on your own time, there is no time restriction for completing this course.
Features of our Training
Each module is led by one of five UNCG counseling educators, with extensive clinical and supervision research and practice, including Dr. L. DiAnne Borders, author of The New Handbook of Clinical Supervision. Content is presented through the use of interactive activities, informative videos, counseling case demonstrations, reflective journal prompts and relevant external online resources.
In most cases, the coursework has been completed in less than 4 weeks, but there is no time limit and you work at your own pace.
The ten module topics include:
- Roles and Functions of the Clinical Supervisor
- Models of Clinical Supervision
- Supervision Techniques and Interventions
- Supervisory Relationship and Process
- Supervising Multiple Supervisees
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Evaluation of Supervisee Competence
- Learning to Think Like a Supervisor
- Supervision Pitfalls and Remedies
- Application of Learning/Developing Your Professional Disclosure Statement