The UNCG SELF Studio hosts open workshops and events throughout the academic year and summer. All events are open to UNCG School of Education students. Some are open to other UNCG students and the general public. Please check the details of each workshop for eligibility and registration requirements. Workshops are free to attend! Come learn through play and exploration!
Fall 2017 Workshop Calendar
Laser Engraving (Epilog Mini Laser)
- UNCG SOE students: Create a name tag for your student teaching placement
- Make a personalized laser engraved keychain
- Make a personalized keychain!
- Use a 3D printing pen to create a butterfly, pair of glasses, or tiny flowerpot out of plastic
Green Screen / Augmented Reality
- Want to send an amazing postcard home to Mom and Dad? You’ll learn how to create an augmented reality postcard that you can send in the REAL mail (you remember snail mail, right?)
- Coding 1: Learn the basics of computer programming with the Hour of Code
- Coding 2: Make your own video game to share with your friends
- Coding 3: Use physical computing (Raspberry Pi and Arduino) to make blinking LED lights
- Coding 4, 5, 6?……to be announced!
Escape Rooms – BreakoutEDU
- Workshop 1: Escape the SOE Breakout Room! Bring a group of friends and solve a series of puzzles to escape your impending doom!
- Workshop 2: Make your own Breakout Room! If you’re interested in creating your own Breakout Room for your classroom or next party, this workshop will teach you how to plan it and conduct it!