The UNCG School of Education is seeking to address its core purpose – changing lives through advancing access to life’s opportunities – through a new initiative, Impact Through Innovation (ITI). ITI aims to put ideas into action, connecting SOE faculty with the broader community through innovative and collaborative projects. ITI leverages ideas that emerge within the SOE to create tangible programs, services, and products that address our most pressing social needs.
Through ITI, SOE faculty and students can benefit from consultation to optimize the impact of their academic pursuits, education and training on applying an innovation mindset in their work, networking with community organizations to impact the direction and scope of educational research and scholarship, and funding to support innovation.
Current Board Members include:
- Staton Noel III, Director, Office of Innovation Commercialization, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Matthew Rascoff, Associate Vice Provost for Digital Education and Innovation at Duke University
- W. Noah Reynolds, Coleman Entrepreneur in Residence, The Bryan School of Business & Economics, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Susan M. Safran, Chair of the Board of Trustees, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- J. Scott Young, School of Education, Dean’s Fellow of Innovation
More information, including how to apply for ITI services and support, is available at soeinnovation.uncg.edu.
For any questions please contact Scott Young at email@example.com.
Presentations about Impact Through Innovation will be given at SOE functions over the coming weeks.