In the School of Education at UNCG, we offer outstanding undergraduate programs in teacher preparation for elementary and middle grades, special education, deaf education, deaf interpreter preparation, and advocacy and services for the deaf. A cornerstone of our programs is a strong commitment to combining rigorous in-class instruction with extensive internship opportunities, providing our students with exceptional preparation for success in their careers. Our students benefit from being part of an engaged community of students, faculty, alumni, and hundreds of community partners. Through this, students of the School of Education have on-going opportunities to connect their academic training to real-world contexts while cultivating a valuable professional network.
We invite you to explore our programs and the application procedures through the links listed below. If you have any questions about our programs or applications procedures, we hope you will contact the home department of the program so that we can help provide you with the information you seek.
Helpful information for your application process is below.
Connect with faculty and staff to learn more about their work, classes, and research
Faculty and Staff Directory.
Not sure which program is right for you? Explore our Departments serving undergraduates and their Program pages below.
- B.S. in Special Education (SPED)
- B.S. in Elementary Education and Special Education dual major (SPEL)
- B.S. in Professions in Deafness, concentration in Interpreter Preparation
- B.S. in Professions in Deafness, concentration in Advocacy and Services for the Deaf
- B.S. in Professions in Deafness, concentration in K-12 Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher Licensure
Interested to travel overseas and connect with students from other nations?