Instructional Technology Licensure-Only
Candidates who already have an advanced degree in education or who already have a MLIS/MLS degree may earn 077 licensure by taking the 18 semester hours of specialized course requirements listed above and a practicum.
Successful completion of this program culminates in a license, not a degree.
Additional LIS Licensure Program Requirements
All LIS licensure candidates are required to:
- Submit a Candidate Agreement form to the program coordinator.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Archive all course assignments required as evidence for accreditation and post them to TaskStream by the last semester of the program. TaskStream is a fee-based subscription service.
- Score 3 or above on all teaching dispositions.
- Receive a satisfactory evaluation on the practicum.
- Acquire professional liability insurance for all courses with field-based component (LIS 691, 692, & 693).
- Submit to a criminal background check before completing LIS 691, 692, & 693.